May 25, 2014

porridge bread recipe

Porridge Bread
Sheila's recipe
1 x 500 gram tub of natural yogurt 
1 and a 1/2 teas spoons of bicarbonate soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 oz of sugar,
mix them in a bowl.
Using the carton from the yogurt fill it twice with jumbo porridge oats. mixed together and pour into a greased and lined 1pound loaf tin, bake at 170.C for between 50 min to 1 hour,
don't press the mixture down in the tin, as this will make it to dense 

you can add all sorts of nuts and mixed seeds to this bread
but the amount should be 1and 2/3rds full cartons of porridge and 1/3 of seed.

I make a lovely walnut one and substitute about a 1/4 of a carton of the oats with chopped walnuts.
this bread keeps for about 3 days, and is lovely and moist. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Definitely going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm on your site, thanks again, I think I may have panicked. I've written down the bread recipe and when I make it I'll post you a pic. Thanks a million.
    Wow your wedding card is beautiful and the pink butterfly card.

    See you 24th :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made the bread from your recipe....and it never turned out like at all . Or as nice as yours; Where did I go wrong. First of all it was white not brown like your's. Secondly it was hard, not the lovely soft texture you had.????. Am I missing something on the recipe. Help.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. have slighty alterted the directions to make it easier to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate, you taking the time to leave one. and will do my best to answer every one.
Yvonne xx