Jul 15, 2012

Pear and Almond Tart Recipe


Pear and Almond Tart Recipe 

For the base,
1. Grease and Line a 12 inch flan dish with jus rol ready rolled short crust pastry.
For the Filling
1.. You need 2 tins of pear halves, drained and patted dry with kitchen roll.
Cut about a 1/3 of a block of marzipan (Tesco's finest range) in to small nugget size pieces, place a nugget under each pear, and arrange the pear halves around the dish, and the remaining in the middle,
if you have any almond paste nuggets left over sprinkle them between the pears

For the topping.
100g/4oz Plain Flour
2 Egg
100g/4oz Ground Almonds
4 tablespoons Milk
100g/4oz soft butter
100g/4oz Caster Sugar
Few drops Almond Essence 

Place all ingredients in a food processor for about 3 mins,
Spoon a dollop of the mixture on top of each pear, do not spread out, it will find it's own way while baking
Bake in a oven set at 190.c for about 35 /40minutes until risen and golden brown.
Leave in tin to “set” for 10 minutes, Dust with icing suger then remove and serve warm with cream or ice cream. custard is my favourite.




I have made this only twice but both time it has turned out delicious .
I promise it will be desert for next workshop on the 12th.
Enjoy Yvonne xx

6 comments:

  1. That looks yummy and I LOVE pears and homemade marzipan.I want some now:-)yum, yum, yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. give it a try Kay, it's so easy, but my Marzipan was tesco's finest.
    and is delicious.
    see you soon
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Yvonne. I'll definitely try it. When you get a chance I'd love the recipe of your Chicken / Broccoli bake. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aileen will send it to you
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yvonne
    Looking forward even more to the workshop now that I have seen the dessert ! kind regards, Linda Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  6. see you then Linda
    have been working on the designs for the workshops, and there are a lot of new techniques to share,
    you will need the desert for energy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate, you taking the time to leave one. and will do my best to answer every one.
Yvonne xx